Saturday, June 11, 2011

Numbers and other weirdnesses....

Like some of you out there, & as I've noted B4, I can't stop messing with Blogger's "Stats" function that tracks visits 2 yer blog, who's reading what, etc. I'm still not sure I BELIEVE the numbers, but they R intresting. Course there's no way 2 know if anybody's actually READING this stuff or if they stumbled in here by mistake -- I assume a post or 2 looked at is accidental; some1 who looked at 10 or 20 posts musta found SOMETHING of intrest -- or they can't Blieve I'm doing this. Sometimes I can't Blieve it either....
Just 4 laffs & cos I think it's neat, here's how Blogger's tracked visits here over the last year:
July 2010 -- 405.
August '10 -- 306.
Sept -- 444.
Oct -- 605.
Nov -- 490.
Dec -- 711.
Jan 2011 -- 828.
Feb -- 700.
Mar -- 655.
Apr -- 396.
May -- 678.
...So far in June I seem 2 B avging Btween 150-200 hits per wk, so I figure if I keep posting stuff I might set a new record 4 the blog. 4 whatever that's worth. What I really wanna know is if people from Madagascar & Russia R actually finding something of worth here, & if so, what? Folks allegedly from both places have supposedly bn looking things over quite a bit lately....
Other oddities: Back in April when I was Mostly Down, apparently there were more folks from Iran(!) visiting here than Americans -- what the heck is up with THAT?
& back B4 that what seemed like the entire country of the Netherlands allegedly visited here over a period of a coupla wks. They still come back 4 a look-see now & then. & apparently there R folks out there from Canada & the U.K. & Australia in addition 2 the folks from Russia & Madagascar popping in & staying 4 awhile. Again, I figure a pg or 2 looked-at is an accident -- 10 or 20 pgs viewed means some1 was around 4 awhile.
IF this is all true, I'm flattered. The only thing better would B 2 HEAR from some of you folks....
So 1nce again, if you're reading this in Madagascar, drop me a line! Tell me how you found your way here & what you thot. Cos summa this stuff boggles me....

I'm also boggled by who reads what. Thanx 2 The Regulars (you know who you R) 4 figuring out that the 1 thing I left outta that recent big long list of albums was asking what you guys started out with back in the days when you were 1st buying music.... I know I was tired by the time I got 2 the end of that list, but you guys knew what I was trying 2 do & I appreciate your response. & I even remembered some stuff I 4got in the 1st go-round....
I'm boggled that a post I did almost a year ago about my very 1st musical memories is apparently still Bing viewed by 1/2adozen folks each week. The post about my vacation last year still gets looked at. That rant I did awhile back about the 2-fast pace of modern life still gets looked at. & all the lists of Recommended Strange Music I've done get looked-over more than almost anything else. (I can pretty-much figure that 1 out.) SOMEBODY must be reading this stuff....
If there's something you wanna see, lemme know. Something you want me 2 review, say the word. I've got a BIG stack of mostly-new-to-me CD's lined up by the player, & I THINK I might actually get 2 them tomorrow. Maybe. They've bn waiting 4 awhile....

1 last thing: 4 some reason, I can't currently comment in response 2 comments on this blog. Not sure why the heck this is, but it's like Blogger's system doesn't recognize it's me when I go 2 comment. Blogger knows it's me when I visit other people's blogs, but at my own it either wants me 2 B anonymous or won't let me comment at all. Not that I always WANT 2 comment in response 2 y'all's always-brilliant insights, but.... I guess this means you can Have At It. As Ted Nugent 1nce said, it's a free-for-all. Anybody got any advice...?

2 comments:

rastronomicals said...

Try commenting as name/url from the drop down menu--it's what I've had to do for the last couple weeks on blogspot blogs, as the blogspot system appears not to be recognizing my logins as I travel around the blogspot blogs I read.

I've been assuming it's a Blogger issue, and you've pretty much confirmed that for me. Maybe they'll fix it soon?

TAD said...

Thanx R, that actually seems 2 work.... Preciate the tip....