Monday, December 27, 2010

Readership's up!

Not trying 2 blow my own horn here (no more than usual), but according 2 Blogger's statistics, readership is apparently WAY up 4 the Holiday Season here at the Back-Up Plan -- about double the usual amount.
Ghod Knows why -- mayB people R looking 4 strange music&book gift ideas 4 Xmas? I'm not doing NEthing diffrent, & in fact have lately bn a little more difficult & self-involved than usual.
Nevertheless, visitors have included folks from a Fleetwood Mac fan site called "The Ledge" (www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/), which picked-up on my recent mention of that band occasionally performing some rather "strange" stuff. I hope those folks realize that I meant strange in a GOOD way -- that The Mac's periodic strangeness is 1 of the many things that I thot made them so great. I've bn considering doing a write-up citing specific Xamples of their stranger work -- TUSK would B merely Xhibit A -- but I assume NE real music fan is already pretty familiar with their best stuff. The Mac has bn doing great, unusual, brilliant, unique, off-the-wall stuff since as far back as "Oh Well" & "The Green Manalishi."
NEway, that write-up -- along w/ a long list of Great Strange Music By Famous People -- will likely B coming along soon ... unless I already posted it at some point in the past. I'll havta check. I hate getting old....
Other visitors included folks from a Lady Gaga fan site that glommed on2 my brief mention of her awhile back -- I'm not SURE I've ever heard a single song by the lady. Which clearly shows how up-to-date I am....
...Then there was that poor soul who visited here apparently hoping I was going 2 write something in-depth about Camel's RAINBOW'S END best-of. Ghod bless ya, I DID write a LITTLE about it, 5 or 6 songs' worth. But I haven't gotten 2 the rest of it yet. But I will, I will....
The Ntire nation of Denmark also visited recently, apparently. Still can't quite figure that 1 out....
Have also noticed that the recent "Goin' Mainstream" list of pop albums has bn getting a lotta looks -- hey, I wanna know what's in other people's music collections, 2 -- I guess that Xplains it. U want more lists?
...Is the Nostalgia stuff working 4 NEbody, or is it just fun 4 mememe?
More visitors have come 2 the Back-Up Plan from "Drew's Odds and Sods" (www.drewsoddsandsods.blogspot.com/) than from NE other referring website, apparently. Thanx 4 linking 2 the Back-Up Plan, Drew. Hope U're not still digging out from that recent 10 feet of snow up there in Wisconsin....
It would B cool if some of these mysterious visitors would actually LEAVE A COMMENT, even if it's just 2 tell me I'm fulla crap or they can't follow my hideous typing, but You Can't Always Get What You Want....
Isn't it neat all the great info Blogger's STATS function provides? I could look at it 4 days. What a geek....
Thanx 2 every1 out there 4 yr support, & I hope U all hadda good Xmas. & Happy New Ear, while I'm at it.
More silliness is likely ahead. Keep rockin! -- TAD.

1 comment:

drewzepmeister said...

Not a problem, Tad! I don't mind helping a brother out! According to one of my site meters (I have two) I average about 25-30 hits a day from all over the world. Most of them Google searches. It my not be much, yet it's kinda interesting.