Friday, February 5, 2010

300!

300 posts!
...if U count the 225 I did at my old website.
Can U Blieve? Nope, me neither.
All this in less than 14 mo's. If it weren't 4 those 2 mo's I was outta bizness w/ computer problems, I mighta hit that 300 mark within the 1st yr. (Jeez, I was such a poster-boy 4 OCD 4 awhile there. Thank Ghod I've slowed down a little bit lately....)
NEway, if y'all R out there & yr bored, drop me a line & let me know what U like or dislike, what U'd like 2 C more of or less of. I aim 2 please.
You want more music? MayB less on books? I'll do what I can, but I only get about 1 day a wk when I get the house 2 myself & can crank-up the tuneage. I can read just about NEtime....
Some off-the-wall musical artist U'd like another opinion on? Some weird writer U want me 2 check out? Some overlooked music or book U love that U wanna share? Bring it on! U can all join in....
U'd mayB like less silliness? I don't C THAT happening. MayB U'd like MORE silliness? Just how much can U take, NEway?
MayB U'd like me 2 B more direct, do more "This REALLY SUCKS!"-style reviewing? Blieve me, when I find something that Dserves that kinda treatment, I'll rant & rave about it here. Haven't found NEthing Dserving of such trashing recently.
MayB U'd like less autobiography? I don't think that's going 2 B possible....
I still have this LIST of stuff I'd liketa write about just in case all else fails or I suddenly run outta stuff that I stumble over in the course of my daily routine.
Some review items that may B upcoming in the future include: It's A Beautiful Day's 1st 2 albums (yeah, sure); early Journey; Spirit; Clannad; Kansas; Aaron Copland; Jethro Tull; Yes; Miles Davis's IN A SILENT WAY; the Outlaws' GHOST RIDERS; "The softer side of loud bands;" The most "cinematic" rock songs; Great rock&roll songs about $$$, sex, working, driving, twisted relationships, & total madness; More Great Lost Singles (possibly); Dave Marsh's BEFORE I GET OLD; Charles Platt's DREAM MAKERS series of interviews with science-fiction writers; John Clute & Peter Nicholls' ENCYCLOPEDIA OF SCIENCE FICTION; the PENGUIN ENCYCLOPEDIA OF POPULAR MUSIC; the PENGUIN GUIDE TO JAZZ; the SALON.COM GUIDE TO CONTEMPORARY AUTHORS; Byron Preiss's THE BEACH BOYS; more science fiction; Air Force Xperiences; Newspaper Xperiences; & 2 much more....
Currently reading: Nic Sheff's TWEAK, the autobiography of a young guy who's bn abusing methamphetamine & other drugs since he was in his mid-teens. I stumbled over it this past Mon & have bn unable 2 put it down. It's vivid, Dtailed, involving, horrifying. Nic holds back NOTHING. So far Nic has relapsed 2wice in the 1st 200 pgs of the book. There R horror stories here that R Byond Dscription, tho summa them R perhaps day-2-day horrors that all addicts go thru. But still -- I'm suprised the publisher allowed this much graphic Dtail in a book intended 4 teens age 15 & up. But then, Nic sez he had his 1st sexual relationship at age 12, so mayB I'm way Bhind the times. I'll hava full report when I finish, but I wouldn't wish this life on my kids....
More soon....

2 comments:

bearockr said...

Heartiest congratulations Tad ! And though, I'm really sorry to have missed quite a few of your posts to read in the past, since I could only find time to read a few of all the blogs I'm following, and suddenly, I was dying to read yours again ! Best wishes to you , and I'll surely come over to your blog the moment I find some time off from my studies ! Rock on !

TAD said...

Thanx, B. Good 2 hear from ya again.... -- TAD.