Friday, February 15, 2013

#634: The Work continues/Valentine's Nite Special!

Music Therapy with the humans continues. Since it was Valentine's Nite, we tried 2 play mostly Really Gloppy Broken-Hearted Love Songs with mainly women vocalists -- but that plan didn't last long, & the rock&roll took over. The playlist included:

Bangles -- Dover Beach, Everything I Wanted, Be With You, Going Down to Liverpool.
Fleetwood Mac -- Why?, Silver Springs, Green Manalishi.
Mary-Chapin Carpenter -- Passionate Kisses.
Doobie Brothers -- Neal's Fandango.
Smokey Robinson & the Miracles -- Tears of a Clown.
Marvin Gaye -- What's Goin' On?, I Heard it Through the Grapevine.
Gladys Knight & the Pips -- I Heard it Through the Grapevine.
David Ruffin -- My Whole World Ended (The Moment You Left Me).
Temptations -- Ball of Confusion, I Can't Get Next to You, Papa Was a Rollin' Stone.
Four Tops -- Reach Out I'll Be There.
Jackson 5 -- I Want You Back.
Supremes -- Up the Ladder to the Roof.
Spinners -- I'll be Around, I'm Coming Home.
Sly and the Family Stone -- Thank You Falletinme be Mice Elf Agin.
Kansas -- Miracles Out of Nowhere, Questions of My Childhood, Cheyenne Anthem.
XTC -- Senses Working Overtime, Ball and Chain, No Thugs in our House.
Five Man Electrical Band -- Absolutely Right.

Feedback: A coupla guys recognized "Green Manalishi"  -- & thot it was PERFECTLY appropriate 4 Valentine's Day!
...1st time I've played music at work in WEEKS, & it really worked. 1 thing about those old Motown hits -- they will definitely keep you moving.
More soon!

No comments: