Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Updates/updates/updates....

Hey, that list of sunny-day songs I made a few days ago actually Cms 2 have worked. The sun has come out occasionally here over the last 3 days, & has bn out 4 mosta this aft. There's even blue sky.... Course it's still kinda cold.... MayB I should go ahead & POST that "sunny-day songs" list. Course if I do, I don't wanna havta take the blame when the Earth plunges in2 the Sun or something....
Dspite the cool temps & threats of frost & possible snow showers, it does NOT feel like Xmas here -- Xcept 4 the jammed stores. Not that I want it 2 snow or NEthing. The 18-inch dumping we got all at 1nce last Jan was more than enuf 4 me 4 awhile.
My apologies 2 the music fans out there: I've bn reading a lot lately. I may havta actually post that sunny-day-songs list just 2 put things back in something a little closer 2 balance.
Am currently reading Johnathon Green's oral history DAYS IN THE LIFE: VOICES FROM THE ENGLISH UNDERGROUND 1961-1971, which is sorta music-related, since rock was at the center of England's beat-bands/blues boom/psychedelic period. I'm only 75 pgs (of 450) in, but am so far finding it tough going. I wish Green had laid-out summa the history & then had his 101 interviewees give their impressions of it -- instead, the interviewees tell the whole story. It's OK, & some of it's funny, it could perhaps have bn edited a bit more tightly, but I wish it moved a little faster. MayB it will....
Haven't 4got10 about Jesse Sublett's novel ROCK CRITIC MURDERS, am still sitting at the Nd of Chapter 5 where somebody just got shot & we don't know who yet. So far, like it 4 the authentic hot, dusty, sun-baked Texas setting & the gritty bar-band Dtails. I'm hoping the suspense will build....
Am off 2 work 4 Floor Nite (a guy comes in & polishes the store's tile floors 1nce a wk, keeping me there til at least 2 am), & have a Big Beer Order 2 price & stock. Can't wait. Am still Cing a few grumpy people at work, but am grudgingly willing 2 admit that 1/2 the time the problem is ME. When it gets busy & folks get a little cranky I get stressed, especially during Rush Hour. So I've almost stopped watching 2 C how many people R flooding in2 the store's parking lot. I almost Don't Want To Know. Just keep saying "Peace On Earth, Goodwill To All Men...."
This post will likely B deleted later. Not that posting every day has Bcome compulsive 4 me or NEthing....
Merry Christmas, & watch out 4 the dummies....

No comments: